adj [attrib 作定语] done, said or occurring again and again 反复做的; 反复说的; 反复发生的
*repeated blows, warnings, accidents 多次的打击、警告、事故. repeatedly adv again and again 一再; 多次; 反复地
*He begged her repeatedly to stop. 他一再求她停下来.
adj [only before noun]
done or happening again and again
repeated calls for change
repeated attempts to kill him
1. The shop assistant looked puzzled and Harry repeated the word, slowly stressing each syllable.
2. This picture of a policeman's lot could be repeated in many other parts of Britain, yet the police themselves still oppose more widespread arming of their officers.
3. His repeated absence (from school) is worrying.
4. He hit her after repeated provocations.
5. Her cards usually have elaborate border designs comprised of repeated images: hearts, flowers, peaches, and teapots, for example.
6. A situation repeated across the continent.
7. As the cry was repeated several times, she ran to tell the manager who promptly rang up the fire brigade.
8. ´I´m having breakfast,´ I repeated.
9. "Where's your money? Where's your money?" he barked. Everything he said during our encounter was repeated; instinctively, I did the same.
10. So by word of mouth the story was passed down generation to generation and, in my case, repeated for many summers running.