24 hour clock n a clock, or a system of telling the time, according to which, for example, one o'clock in the afternoon is called 1300 hours (pronounced "13 hundred hours") The trains run according to the 24 hour clock.
1. Easton gave his name and address and began repeating the story about the clock. 伊斯顿说出了名字和住址。又讲了一遍有关钟的事。
2. Enclosed in this outfit, I waited in line for an hour with other adventurers, mostly office workers in their 20's. 我包裹在这一身装束里，与其他的历险者一起排了一小时队。他们大多是20多岁的办公室职员。
3. Big Ben takes its name from Sir Benjamin Hall who was responsible for the making of the clock when the new Houses of Parliament were being built. "大本"钟得名于本杰明.霍尔爵士，因为当建造新的国会大厦时，他负责建造大钟。
4. By the time Ben was tired out, Tom had traded the next chance to Billy Fisher for a kite in good repair; and when he played out, Johnny Miller bought in for a dead rat and a string to swing it with; and so on, and so on, hour after hour. 等到本累垮了，汤姆早已把粉刷权转让给比利·费希尔，换来一只完好的风筝。比利·费希尔干不下去了，约翰尼·米勒把粉刷权买了下来，代价是一只死耗子，和一条甩着玩的绳子。于是买主一个接着一个地来了，时间也一小时又一小时地过去了。
5. But nowadays even, it is not uncommon for a person to be brought back with heart massage (按摩) perhaps a full hour or more after he's "dead." 但是在今天，一个人在“死亡”整整一小时或更长时间以后，还能靠心脏按摩起死回生，这已不是什么稀罕事了。
6. But only an hour later, he was back. 但才过了一小时，这司机又返回来了。
7. Why should I get up at this unearthly hour? 为什么我得这么早起床?
8. When he went outside half an hour later, he was astonished to find that the little black lamb was almost white. 半小时后，当他从屋里出来时，他惊奇地发现小黑羔羊全身几乎都变成白色。
9. Why people are prepared to tolerate a four-hour journey each day for the dubious privilege of living in the country is beyond me. 人们为什么情愿每天在路上奔波4个小时去换取值得怀疑的乡间的优点，我是无法理解的。
10. We had been in the hat shop for half an hour and my wife was still in front of the mirror. 我们在这家帽店已经呆了半个小时了，而我的妻子仍在镜子面前。