(in Britain) government departmentresponsible for collecting taxes （英国）税务局. Cf 参看 Internal Revenue Service (internal).
the Inland Revenue
the government department which collects national taxes in Britain
1. BellSouth Corporation, with operations in four wireless markets, estimates its annual revenue per average customer at about $2,000 as compared to $860 in the United States. 在四个无线电话市场有营运点的贝尔南方电话公司估计它的年收入约为平均每个客户2,000美元，与之相比，在美国国内的收入是860美元。
2. They live inland. 他们住在内地.
3. The government gets a revenue from taxes. 政府岁入靠税收。
4. "While attendance is very strong," he said, "our cost levels do require adjustment for the current revenue level." "尽管游客数量相当大，"他说，"可我们的成本支出的确需要根据当前的收益状况做出调整。"
5. Clearly, costs have been geared to a revenue level that has not been achieved, and the company is beginning to drop hotel prices that have been widely described as excessive. 很明显，当初定成本曾依据的收益水平并未达到，公司开始下调曾被普遍认为过高的宾馆房价。