a bad quarter of an hour
a bad quarter of an hour为短语/超纲词汇
1. Even as I sat staring blankly (茫然地) at my boss, hearing, "I've got bad news: we're going to have to let you go,"
2. Enclosed in this outfit, I waited in line for an hour with other adventurers, mostly office workers in their 20's.
3. Bad customs and laws ought to be abolished.
4. Bad man, the accidental, noble outlaw.
5. Bad workmen blame their tools.
6. Bad meat smells nasty.
7. But, if this world is not merely a bad joke, life a vulgar flare amid the cool radiance of the stars,
8. But you mustn´t come home after a quarter past eleven.
9. But he lives so far away, and it is such a bad night that I have decided to ask you to go instead.
10. By the time Ben was tired out, Tom had traded the next chance to Billy Fisher for a kite in good repair; and when he played out, Johnny Miller bought in for a dead rat and a string to swing it with; and so on, and so on, hour after hour.