1. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
2. Even on Valentine's Day, when the price of a dozen roses and delivery can soar as high as $150, 12 of Roses Only's most expensive flowers sell for just $35. 即使是在情人节，当一打玫瑰价格外加送花费可上涨至150美元的时候，"惟一玫瑰"花店里最贵的玫瑰也只卖35美元一打。
3. Because the weather was very hot, he carried the bed on to the roof of his house. 由于天气很热，他便把床搬到了他的屋顶上。
4. Bill works harder than Joe and grows more flowers and vegetables, but Joe´s garden is more interesting. 他比乔也更为勤奋，种植的花卉和蔬菜也更多，但乔的花园更富有情趣。
5. We drank in the fragrance of the flowers. 我们吸进鲜花的香气。
6. We need a good rain to freshen the flowers. 要使这些花鲜嫩, 得下一场大雨。
7. We have grown a lot of flowers this summer. 今年夏天我们种了许多花。
8. While my friend, George, was reading in bed, two thieves climbed into his kitchen. 我的朋友乔治正在床上看书时. 两个贼爬进了他的厨房.
9. We welcome the seasons by the riverside, crowning the youngest girl with flowers in the spring, 我们在河边迎接一年四季。春天在河边为最年轻的姑娘戴上花冠，
10. When it grew dark, she turned a suitcase into a bed and put the children inside it, covering them with all the clothes she could find. 天黑下来的时候，她把提箱当作小床，把两个孩子放了进去，又把所有能找到的衣服都盖在了孩子们身上。