1. Earth looks like a big blue marble (玻璃球); from high above the Earth and from the moon, the planet gleams and shines. 地球看上去就像一个巨大的蓝色玻璃球, 从高高的地球上空或从月球上望去，这颗行星熠熠生辉，闪闪发光。
2. Experts say airlines will be big losers. 专家们说，航空公司会是大输家。
3. Because I had two big cavities. 因为我有两个大洞.
4. Big Ben takes its name from Sir Benjamin Hall who was responsible for the making of the clock when the new Houses of Parliament were being built. "大本"钟得名于本杰明.霍尔爵士，因为当建造新的国会大厦时，他负责建造大钟。
5. Big Ben has rarely gone wrong. "大本"钟很少出差错。
6. But even if I yielded to that temptation, big magazines are not going to get involved in some sticky situation. 但即使我抗不住这种诱惑，我投稿的那些大杂志也不会去给自己惹麻烦。
7. But now government and big businesses are vigorously promoting the concept of "leisure". 但现在，政府和大企业都在大力提倡"休闲"这个概念。
8. We are making a big cake. 我们在做一个大蛋糕.
9. When you visit London, one of the first things you will see is Big Ben, the famous clock which can be heard all over the world on the B. B. C. 当你游览伦敦时，首先看到的东西之一就是"大本"钟，即那座从英国广播公司的广播中全世界都可以听到它的声音的著名大钟。
10. When my HIV test results returned positive, I was shocked and confused. Was I dying? Was my shot at the '88 Olympics vaporized? 当我知道自己的艾滋病检验结果是阳性时，我感到震惊和困惑。我会死去吗？我想在88年奥运会上再铸辉煌的心愿会化为泡影吗？