1. Writing a cheque is quite a simple procedure. 开张支票是个十分简单的手续.
2. When anyone opens a current account at a bank, he is lending the bank money, repayment of which he may demand at any time, either in cash or by drawing a cheque in favour of another person. 任何人在银行开一个活期账户，就等于把钱借给了银行。这笔钱他可以随时提取，提取的方式可以是取现金，也可以是开一张以他人为收款人的支票。
3. The noble stared at the blank sheet of paper for a few seconds. 贵族盯着纸看了几秒钟，
4. He gives the bank specimens of his signature, and there is a very firm rule that the bank has no right or authority to pay out a customer´s money on a cheque on which its customer´s signature has been forged. 他把自己签名的样本交给银行，对此有一条非常严格的规定：银行没有任何权利或理由把储户的钱让伪造储户的支票取走。
5. He expected the assistant to look at him in blank astonishment. 他原想女售货员会惊奇地望着他，不知所措，
6. Are you paying in cash or by cheque? 您付现款还是付支票?
7. You could feel sorry for Alberto Torres (阿尔伯图·多里斯), who is blind. The last thing he remembers seeing was his daughter being born 13 years ago. Then the world went blank; 您也许会为盲人阿尔伯图·多里斯感到难过，他记得他看到的最后一件事就是13年前他女儿出生的情景，然后世界就变得一片空白。
8. Some unknown interval of time passes before her eyes open again, only this time there is no response in them, just a blank stare. 不知过了多长时间，她又睁开了双眼，只是这一次目光里没有任何反应，只有空空的凝视。
9. Payments by cheque easily outnumber cash transactions. 用支票付款在数量上大大超过现金交易.
10. I want to buy some blank tapes. They´re cheaper here than at store. 我想买些空白录音带,它们在这里比在唱片行便宜.