1. We looked at old Maggie and saw that her poor face was as white as a sheet. 我们看着老马吉，她那张脸看上去像纸一样白。
2. The curtains were enveloped in a sheet of flame. 窗帘被火焰吞没.
3. Though the costume consisted only of a sheet, it was very effective. 虽然那件化装服仅仅是一条被单,但效果很好.
4. Though the costume consisted only of a sheet, it was very effective. 尽管化装服仅由一个被单制成，却十分逼真。
5. The noble stared at the blank sheet of paper for a few seconds. 贵族盯着纸看了几秒钟，
6. Hold the flashlight so that the beam shines straight down on a sheet of white paper. 手握电筒让光线直射在一张白纸上。
7. He expected the assistant to look at him in blank astonishment. 他原想女售货员会惊奇地望着他，不知所措，
8. And he promptly handed the sheet of paper to the gaoler. 说完，他一下子把信递给狱卒。
9. You could feel sorry for Alberto Torres (阿尔伯图·多里斯), who is blind. The last thing he remembers seeing was his daughter being born 13 years ago. Then the world went blank; 您也许会为盲人阿尔伯图·多里斯感到难过，他记得他看到的最后一件事就是13年前他女儿出生的情景，然后世界就变得一片空白。
10. Some unknown interval of time passes before her eyes open again, only this time there is no response in them, just a blank stare. 不知过了多长时间，她又睁开了双眼，只是这一次目光里没有任何反应，只有空空的凝视。