a bolt from the blue
a bolt from the blue为短语/超纲词汇
1. Even under a clear blue sky, the village looked forbidding, as all the houses were built of grey mud bricks.
2. Earth looks like a big blue marble (玻璃球); from high above the Earth and from the moon, the planet gleams and shines.
3. But while she was at college, my mother met my father, who was blue-eyed and yellow-haired and not Jewish.
4. We ask the cat whether we should wear the blue suit or the yellow dress.
5. This is my shirt. My shirt is blue.
6. The news came like a bolt from the blue.
7. The buildings were draped with red, white, and blue bunting.
8. There is no sky in June so blue that it does not point forward to a bluer,
9. The lady was dressed in a blue coat and a large, funny hat.
10. The cooker is blue.