a bone of contention
a bone of contention为短语/超纲词汇
1. This is not a time for contention. 这不是争论的时候.
2. A bird ,a bulrush, a bone. 一只鸟, 一根芦苇, 一块骨头.
3. And so with solids such as a shell, a nut, a plum, a peat, a tadpole, a mushroom, a mountain peak, a kidney, a carrot, a tree-trunk, a bird, a bud, a lark, a ladybird, a bulrush, a bone, 对于其他实体，如，贝壳、核桃、李子、梨子、蝌蚪、蘑菇、山峰、肾脏、胡萝卜、树干、鸟儿、花蕾、云雀、瓢虫、芦苇以及骨头也应这样来感觉。
4. Acting on the contention that facts are sacred, 记者按事实至上的论点行事，
5. And parents whose child has a fatal disease like cancer might be able to clone the child, creating a twin who could be a bone-marrow (骨髓) donor. 而那些孩子患有诸如癌症等不治之症的父母也能克隆一个孩子，创造出一个能提供骨髓的双胞胎。
6. Calcium is good to the growth of bone. 钙有助于骨骼生长。
7. Carefully, to avoid injuring her, I rub cream into the yellow skin, which rolls freely over the bones, feeling perfectly the outline of each bone in the back. 为了不伤着她，我小心翼翼地把护肤霜揉在她发黄的皮肤上。她的皮肤松松地在骨头上滑动，背上每块骨头的轮廓都能清楚地摸到。
8. It did seem like sky diving, except that there is no diving involved; I floated at about the same level in the tower for the whole bone-shaking ride. 在这惊心动魄的整个过程中，我在高塔内几乎差不多的高度上飘动。