a child of fortune
a child of fortune为短语/超纲词汇
1. Every child that is born into his group will share them with him, and no child born into one on the opposite side of the globe can ever achieve the thousandth part.
2. Even as a child, the sight of exotic trees, foreign maps and descriptions of tropic zones had moved me to tears, for I had a longing for a homeland for my soul."
3. But Fortune´s favoured children belong to the second class.
4. Children usually have in their character and infallibility, and how much this faith means to a child.
5. But, in contrast, it is only in modern times that Galileo has become a problem child for historians of science.
6. Before very long the parents will be complaining that the child is so secretive and never tells them anything,
7. But Fortune´s favoured children belong to the second class.
8. But she told me not to come near them because I was not a good child.
9. But women who were not with child after windowing were often unable to find a husband.
10. But parents of identical twins don't view one child as an organ farm for the other.