a chip of the old block
a chip of the old block为短语/超纲词汇
1. The silicon chip is less than a millimeter thick.
2. The old lady was glad to be back at the block of flats where she lived.
3. The government has been pressing for computer makers to include a special chip in their machines to allow police agencies to listen to electronic communications.
4. Quite obviously he felt that it would be much more dangerous for the Soviet Union to be outside any world organization than to be in it, provided it could block actions it did not like.
5. A book that remains shut is but a block.
6. As the time and cost of making a chip drop to a few days and a few hundred dollars,
7. Another time, I arrived to find him chewing the last of a batch of chocolate chip cookies my mother had sent me.
8. You wonder if eating a dozen chocolate-chip (碎片) cookies, wearing a house coat until 4, combing your hair at 5, cleaning behind the stove (twice) and crying in a job-agency parking lot qualify as symptoms of stress or maybe loss of self-worth.
9. Once he landed on the roof of a block of flats and on another occasion, he landed in a deserted car park.
10. India-born N. Damodar Reddy´s tiny California company reopened an AT&T chip plant in Kansas City last spring with financing from the state of Missouri.