a face as long as a fiddle
a face as long as a fiddle为短语/超纲词汇
1. Even if you travel in ideal weather, sea journeys take a long time.
2. Each of the sides of the pyramid is 755 feet long, or about as long as two city blocks.
3. Every time a packet left her hands, the hateful yellow face of the officer who had taken her son away flared up in her mind.
4. Even today man is still a long way from malaria eradication.
5. Each teenager is expected to cover his or her own expenses for articles for personal use, entertainment, long-distance telephone calls and clothing.
6. Even young students who plan on staying in the United States just long enough to finish two semesters of high school have difficulty finding a host family.
7. Before long he has begun his own private ´telephone´ service.
8. Bill: Wow! You´re right! That´s really funky You´re got some growth on your face, too, don´t you?
9. But the first people who were like ourselves lived so long ago that even their sagas, if they had any, are forgotten.
10. But can we blame those who looked and failed to see what Galileo saw, if we remember that to use a telescope at the limit of its powers calls for long experience and intimate familiarity with one´s instrument?