1. But Alfred had deduced that the Danes were no longer fit for prolonged battle: 然而，阿尔弗雷德断定，丹麦人已不再适应持久的战争，
2. Battle after battle was fought. 战斗一场接一场地打开了。
3. We all know the importance of laying a solid foundation in everything we do, and in language study perhaps more than in anything else, a good beginning is half the battle. 我们都知道，无论做什么事，重要的是要打下坚实的基础。语言学习尤其如此。俗说话：好的开端是成功的一半。
4. While no one way of winning the war against AIDS exists, the network shares these lessons learned in its battle against AIDS: 尽管还没有一种能战胜艾滋病的方法，但这一网络在与艾滋病抗争中获得了以下经验：
5. We were going up for a practice battle. 我们要飞入空中做实战演习。
6. The enemy was defeated in a decisive battle. 敌人在一场决定性的战斗中被击败.
7. The fierce rat is tussling with a grown rabbit. 又大又凶的老鼠在跟大兔子扭斗了.
8. The fierce glare on his face stopped me from talking. 他面带怒色，使我不能讲话。
9. The tiger is a fierce animal. 虎是一种凶猛的动物.
10. The battle was a victory for our army. 这一仗我们军队打胜了。