a finishing stroke
a finishing stroke为短语/超纲词汇
1. But as I leaned over to stroke her forehead, what she said was, "I wish I had your hair" and "I wish I was well."
2. This means that effectively we have no chance of finishing on time.
3. That swimmer has a powerful stroke.
4. Next, x-rays show your mother has a lung infection — a frequent problem with stroke patients.
5. He drove in the nail with one stroke of the hammer.
6. Assume for a moment that your 90-year-old mother has recently suffered a stroke.
7. Many a weary stroke it had cost, you may be sure, and there remained nothing but to get it into the water; and had I succeeded in getting it into the water, I feel certain that I should have begun the maddest voyage that was ever undertaken by man.
8. My mother is dying slowly and painfully after suffering a massive stroke.
9. Recently I had a patient who suffered a severe stroke.
10. On the one hand, you cannot bear to see your once vigorous mother living the painful, limited life to which the stroke has condemned her.