a finishing stroke
a finishing stroke为短语/超纲词汇
1. But as I leaned over to stroke her forehead, what she said was, "I wish I had your hair" and "I wish I was well." 然而就在我俯身轻抚她的前额时，她说了两句话："我希望我有你这样的头发！"和"我希望我能好起来。"
2. This means that effectively we have no chance of finishing on time. 这意味著我们实际上没有可能准时完成.
3. That swimmer has a powerful stroke. 那个游泳者划水很用力。
4. Next, x-rays show your mother has a lung infection — a frequent problem with stroke patients. 而后，X光透视显示，你母亲肺部受到感染，这是中风病人的常见病症。
5. He drove in the nail with one stroke of the hammer. 他铁锤一敲就把钉子钉进去。
6. Assume for a moment that your 90-year-old mother has recently suffered a stroke. 假设一下你那90岁的母亲最近中了风。
7. Many a weary stroke it had cost, you may be sure, and there remained nothing but to get it into the water; and had I succeeded in getting it into the water, I feel certain that I should have begun the maddest voyage that was ever undertaken by man. 造这只船，我不知凿多少下，说筋疲力尽，那一点也不假，剩下的问题只是怎样把它弄下水去。假如我把它弄下了水，我敢肯定，我准会进行人类有史以来最荒唐的航行了。
8. My mother is dying slowly and painfully after suffering a massive stroke. 我的母亲得了严重中风，现正缓慢而痛苦地朝着死亡走去。
9. Recently I had a patient who suffered a severe stroke. 最近，我有一个病人严重中风。
10. On the one hand, you cannot bear to see your once vigorous mother living the painful, limited life to which the stroke has condemned her. 一方面，你不忍心看着自己一度精力充沛的母亲活在因中风而变得痛苦而有限的生命里。