名词:abuser 动词过去式:abused 过去分词:abused 现在分词:abusing 第三人称单数:abuses
ab-=from,away from,off 变化型 a-,abs-(c和t之前)，adv-,av-
1 make bad or wrong use of (sth) 滥用, 妄用（某事物）
*abuse one's authority, sb's hospitality, the confidence placed in one 滥用权威, 辜负某人的热情招待, 辜负对自己的信任.
2 treat (sb) badly; exploit 虐待某人; 剥削
*a much abused wife 备受虐待的妻子. Cf 参看 misuse.
3 speak insultingly to or about (sb); attack in words 说（某人的）坏话; 辱骂; 诋毁.
1 (a) [U] wrong or bad use or treatment of sth/sb 对某事物[某人]的滥用, 妄用或虐待
*drug abuse 滥用麻醉药品
* child abuse 虐待儿童.
(b) [C] ~ of sth wrong or bad use of sth 对某事物的滥用, 妄用
*an abuse of trust, privilege, authority 辜负别人的信任, 滥用特权, 滥用权力.
2 [C] unjust or corrupt practice 恶习; 弊端; 不正之风
*put a stop to political abuses 煞住政治上的不正之风.
3 [U] insulting words; offensive or coarse language 恶言; 辱骂; 粗话
*hurl (a stream of) abuse at sb 破口（滔滔不绝）大骂某人
* The word `bastard' is often used as a term of abuse. ‘杂种’一词常用作咒骂用语.
1. There needs to be a lawyer who can act as a champion for the rights of welfare clients, because the system so easily lends itself to abuse by the welfare givers as well as by the clients. 真需要有一位律师来捍卫福利救济对象的权利，因为这一福利体制不仅容易使救济对象滥用权力，也很容易使福利提供者滥用权力。
2. No creature has received more praise and abuse than the common garden snail. 没有一种生物所受到的赞美和厌恶会超过花园里常见的蜗牛了。
3. Now people all over the world are living with the problems caused by this abuse. 如今，全世界的人都在忍受这种滥用所带来的问题。
4. Ms. Mbogo has not met with the kinds of abuse that other female politicians have been subjected to, however. 但姆波戈女士并没有像其他女政治家那样受到攻击。