动词过去式:accumulated 过去分词:accumulated 现在分词:accumulating 第三人称单数:accumulates 形容词:accumulable
ad-=to,at,for 表示方向、变化、完成、附加、增加、开始，或只表加强的重要字首 变化型 ab-,ac-,af-,ag-,al-,an-,ap-,ar-,as-,at-
1 [Tn] gradually get or gather together an increasing number or quantity of (sth); get (sth) in this way 积累, 聚积（某物）; 聚集而成（某事物）
*accumulate books, a library 收藏书籍, 集成书库
* accumulate enough evidence to ensure his conviction 搜集足够的证据以给他定罪
* By investing wisely she accumulated a fortune. 她由于投资精明而积蓄了一笔财产.
* My savings are accumulating interest. 我的储蓄不断生息.
2 [I] increase in number or quantity 增加
*Dust and dirt soon accumulate if a house is not cleaned regularly. 房屋不经常打扫, 尘土很快就越积越多.
[Date: 1400-1500; Language: Latin;Origin: , past participle of accumulare, from ad- 'to' + cumulare 'to pile up']
to gradually get more and more money, possessions, knowledge etc over a period of time
It is unjust that a privileged few should continue to accumulate wealth.
to gradually increase in numbers or amount until there is a large quantity in one place
Fat tends to accumulate around the hips and thighs.
1. However, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the zoo felt obliged to investigate. 然而, 当证据日趋增多时,该动物园的专家们感到有必要进行调查.
2. However, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the zoo felt obliged to investigate. 然而, 当证据日趋增多时,该动物园的专家们感到有必要进行调查.
3. However, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the Zoo felt obliged to investigate, 可是，随着证据越来越多，动物园的专家们感到有必要进行一番调查，
4. As they grow old, people also accumulate belongings for two other reasons, 相信总有一天需要的正好是那些东西。人们年老之后也喜欢收藏东西，不过是出于两个不同的原因：
5. Slowly other experiences began to accumulate, reminding me of a real change in my life status. 渐渐地愈来愈多的其他经历都在提示我：我的生命状态已真的出现变化了。