n [U] (art or occupation of) performing parts in plays, films, TV, etc （在戏剧, 电影, 电视等中的）表演（的艺术或职业）; 演技
*She did a lot of acting while she was at college. 她在念大学时演过很多次戏剧.
adj [attrib 作定语] doing the duties of another person for a time 代理的
*the acting manager, headmistress, etc 代理的经理, （女）校长等.
1. By the way, how was the acting? 对了，演出怎么样？
2. The bridge was repaired by the two states acting in fruitful cooperation. 在两国富有成果的合作下, 大桥修建峻工。
3. No one stood up in the meeting and apologized for the way her son had been acting. No one mentioned Charles. 会上没人站起来为自己儿子的行为表示道歉。也没有人提到过查尔斯。
4. Acting on a sudden impulse, I collected several dozen, put them in a paper bag, and took them to Robert. 我一时冲动，逮了几十只，装进一只纸袋里，带着去找罗伯特。
5. Acting on the contention that facts are sacred, 记者按事实至上的论点行事，
6. "How was school today?" I asked, acting very casual. "今天学校上课怎么样？"我装作漫不经心地问他。
7. A decade of enquiry has convinced me we can. What separates the average person from Edison, Picasso or even Shakespeare isn't creative capacity. It's the ability to use that capacity by encouraging creative impulses and then acting upon them. 十年的研究使我确信,我们都能变得那样聪明。普通人与爱迪生、毕加索或者莎士比亚之间的差别不在于创造力,而在于通过激发创造性灵感并将这种灵感付诸实践来利用创造力的能力。
8. She is the student whose acting is the best among the girls. 她就是女生中表演得最好的那个学生。
9. Stimulating parents were more actively involved in what their children did, steering them towards certain fields and pushing them to work hard, often acting as a tutor. 激励型的家长会更主动地参与到孩子们的活动中去，在某些领域里带领他们前行，推动他们努力，通常起着导师的作用。
10. I did not criticize her acting, inasmuch as I really did not feel competent. 我没有去评论她的演技, 因为我确实觉得自己在这方面并不在行。