1 [U] adding, esp calculating the total of two or more numbers 加（尤指计算两个或两个以上数目的总和）.
2 [C] ~ (to sth) person or thing added or joined 增加的人或事物
*Such an outfit would be a useful addition to my wardrobe. 在我的服装中添置这一套会有用的.
* They've just had an addition to the family, ie another child. 他们家 刚刚又添了一口人（另一个孩子）.
* Ann will be a very useful addition to our team. 安来到我们队给我们增加了一员干将.
3 (idm 习语) in addition (to sb/sth) as an extra person, thing or circumstance 加之; 除...之外
*In addition (to the names on the list) there are six other applicants. 除此（名单上的名字）之外, 还有六个申请人.
used to add another piece of information to what you have just said The company provides cheap Internet access. In addition, it makes shareware freely available.in addition to sth In addition to his movie work, Redford is known as a champion of environmental causes.[U]
the act of adding something to something elsethe addition of sth The addition of networking facilities will greatly enhance the system.with the addition of sth Turn sparkling wine into Buck's Fizz with the addition of chilled orange juice.[C]
something that is added to something else, often in order to improve itaddition to This excellent book will be a welcome addition to the library of any student.latest/new/recent addition the latest addition to our designer range[U]
the process of adding numbers or amounts to make a total
an extra room that is added to a building They built a big addition onto the back of the house.
1. But, in addition to that basically simple concept, the bank and its customer owe a large number of obligations to one another. 除了这一基本的简单的概念外，银行和储户彼此还需承担大量义务。
2. We do addition and subtraction in arithmetic. 在算术里，我们作加减运算。
3. They wanted to heighten the building by the addition of a third storey. 他们打算在建筑物上加建第三层楼。
4. They subscribe to a monthly magazine in addition to several daily newspapers. 除了几份日报以外，他们还订了一份月刊。
5. Although agricultural production can be increased by use of machinery such as tractors and the addition of fertilizer, the land ultimately can produce only so much food and no more. 虽然使用拖拉机等机械以及施用化肥可以提高农业产量，但是土地最终所能产出的粮食只有那么多，不会再增加。
6. Such an outfit would be a useful addition to my wardrobe. 在我的服装中添置这一套会有用的.
7. Some scientists speculate the reduction in mental function often attributed to getting old may really be a penalty of neglecting to stay physically active, in addition to related factors such as medicines and poor diet. 一些科学家推测，除了药物作用和饮食不当等相关因素外，常常归咎于衰老的大脑功能下降实际可能是对不注意保持体育运动的一种惩罚。
8. There is always something to do in connection with it, from finding the right place for the latest addition, to verifying facts in reference books. 从为新增添的收藏品寻找摆放位置到核对参考书中的事实，总归有事可做。
9. In addition to the main question , there are secondary matters to talk about. 除主要问题之外，还有些次要问题讨论。
10. In addition to all her other qualifications, Bessie was an expert cook. 贝西除了有各种本领以外，还是一个烹饪大师。