n [C, U] (act of) adjusting 调节; 调整; （保险赔偿款额的）评定
*I've made a few minor adjustments to the seating plan. 我对座次表作了小小的调整.
* Some adjustment of the lens may be necessary. 可能有必要调节一下镜头.
n [U and C]
a small change made to a machine, system, or calculation
Once we make the adjustments for inflation, the fall in interest rates is quite small.
a slight adjustment to the mechanism
It just needs a few minor adjustments.
a change in the way that someone behaves or thinks
a period of adjustment
her adjustment to her new role
1. The last stage of culture shock is called “adjustment.” 文化冲击的最后一个阶段被称为“适应阶段”。
2. This is culture shock. Evidently, at least four essential stages of culture-shock adjustment occur. 这就是文化冲击。很明显，在人们适应文化冲击的过程中至少会出现四个主要阶段。
3. As far as I could see, it only needed a minor adjustment: a turn of a screw here. 就我所见，它只需小小的调整而已：这里拧拧某个螺钉.
4. As far as I could see, it needed only a minor adjustment: 在我看来，只需稍加调整即可。
5. "While attendance is very strong," he said, "our cost levels do require adjustment for the current revenue level." "尽管游客数量相当大，"他说，"可我们的成本支出的确需要根据当前的收益状况做出调整。"
6. Usually at this point in your adjustment to a new culture, you devise some defense mechanisms to help you cope and to protect yourself against the effects of culture shock. 通常在你适应一种新的文化的过程中步入这一阶段时，你会想出一些帮助你对付和保护自己免受文化冲击的影响的保护性办法。