1 [U] ~ (of sth) administering; giving 实施; 执行; 给予; 供给
*be responsible for the administration of justice, the law, charitable aid, an oath, a remedy 负责赏罚, 执法, 慈善救济, 主持宣誓, 用药.
2 [U] management of public or business affairs 公共事务的管理; 经营; 行政
*He works in hospital administration. 他从事医院管理工作.
* Head teachers are more involved in administration than in teaching. 校长的行政工作比教学工作多.
3 (often 常作 the Administration) [C] (part of the Government that manages public affairs during the) period of office of a US President 美国总统任期; 美国总统任期内的政府
*during the Kennedy Administration 在肯尼迪总统任期内
* Successive administrations have failed to solve the country's economic problems. 历届政府均未能解决国家的经济问题.
the activities that are involved in managing the work of a company or organization
We're looking for someone with experience in administration.
The health service spends too much on administration.
(=the people who do this work)
the college administration
the government of a country at a particular time
the Kennedy Administration
The problem has been ignored by successive administrations.
the act of administering something, especially a law, test, or medicine
the administration of justice
the administration of sedatives
1. The world is on "the eve of a new era", says the former United States Vice President Al Gore, the Clinton administration's leading high-technology advocate. 美国前副总统阿尔·戈尔说，我们这个世界正处于"新时代的前夜"，他是克林顿政府中推行高科技的主要人物。
2. The administration claims that failing to do so would be begging terrorists and criminals to plot together via the information superhighway. 政府称不这样做就等于让恐怖分子和犯罪分子通过信息高速公路来共同策划阴谋。
3. He works in hospital administration. 他从事医院管理工作.
4. As administrative overheads rise, so the earnings of the business after meeting he expense of administration, will fall; 管理费用增加了，那么在扣除管理费用后，企业的收入就降低了。
5. And if it is ever attempted, it should — and no doubt will — take place only under careful examination and layers of legal administration. 而且，如果试图研究，它就应当——而且毫无疑问地将会——在细致的检查和层层的法律监督之下进行。