名词:affecter 动词过去式:affected 过去分词:affected 现在分词:affecting 第三人称单数:affects
fact＝to make（做），to do（做，为） 变化型 fect
1 have an influence on (sb/sth); produce an effect on 影响
*The tax increases have affected us all. 加税已经影响了我们大家.
* The change in climate may affect your health, ie be bad for you. 气候的变化可能影响你的健康.
* Their opinion will not affect my decision. 他们的意见不会影响我的决定.
2 (of disease) attack (sb/sth); infect （指疾病）侵袭（某人[某物]）; 感染
*Cancer had affected his lungs. 癌已侵及他的肺脏.
3 cause (sb) to have feelings of sadness or sympathy; touch 使（某人）有悲伤或同情的感觉; 感动
*We were deeply affected by the news of her death. 她死亡的噩耗使我们深为感伤.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*Affect is a verb meaning `have an influence on' *affect是动词, 意为‘影响’
*Alcohol affects drivers' concentration. 酒精能影响司机的注意力. Effect is a noun meaning `result or influence'*effect是名词, 意为‘效果’或‘影响’
*Alcohol has a very bad effect on drivers. 酒精对司机的影响很大. It is also a (formal) verb meaning `accomplish' *effect这个词还是个（文雅的）动词, 意为‘完成’
*They effected their escape in the middle of the night. 他们半夜逃脱了.
1 [Tn] (often derog 常作贬义) make an obvious show of using, wearing or liking (sth) 炫耀（所使用, 穿戴或爱好的事物）
*affect bright colours, bow ties 炫耀鲜艳的颜色, 蝶形领结
* He affects a pretentious use of language, ie tries to impress people by using obscure words, etc. 他爱卖弄词藻.
2 (a) [Tn, Tt] pretend to have or feel (sth) 装作; 假装
*affect not to know sth/affect ignorance of sth 装作不知道某事[装作对某事物一无所知]
* She affected a foreign accent. 她装出外国腔调.
(b) [Ln] (fml 文) pretend to be (sth); pose as 装成; 扮成
*She affects the helpless female. 她装成柔弱女性.
[Sense: 1-2; Date: 1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin: , past participle of afficere 'to influence', from ad- 'to' + facere 'to do']
[Sense: 3; Date: 1400-1500; Language: French;Origin: affecter, from Latin affectare, from afficere]
to do something that produces an effect or change in something or in someone's situation
the areas affected by the hurricane
a disease that affects the central nervous system
decisions which affect our lives
Trading has been adversely affected by the downturn in consumer spending.
to make someone feel strong emotions
We were all deeply affected by her death.
formal to pretend to have a particular feeling, way of speaking etc
As usual, Simon affected complete boredom.
He used to affect a foreign accent.
1. Now governments and businesses realise bad air and water pollution affect everyone, making it difficult for cities to survive and for businesses to make a profit. 如今，政府和企业都认识到，受到污染的空气和水会危害每一个人，会使城市难以生存，公司无利可图。
2. An unhappy home environment can affect a child´s behaviour. 不愉快的家庭环境能影响儿童的行为.
3. Apparently, such prejudices can affect classroom achievement as well. 很明显，这样的偏见也会影响课堂效果的。
4. "Don't give yourself impossible things, but things that will affect your identity, control and self-worth." 别让自己去做不可能做到的事，而是做那些会影响你的个性、控制能力和自尊心的事情。"
5. "We see ourselves as preparing kids for a way of life — by cultivating a comprehensive set of principles that can affect all kids." 我们把帮助孩子培养一种生活方式看作自己的职责，办法是倡导一整套能影响所有孩子的价值观念。"
6. "The DMV is a one-stop shop for state agencies that want to reach out and affect our lives," he writes. 他写道："对想要影响我们、管得过宽的政府机构来说，DMV正是它们获得所需信息的一站式供应处。
7. Social scientists say that what you're called can affect your life. 社会科学家认为你叫什么名字会影响你的生活。
8. Some day soon that paper may well affect the course of history. 不久的某一天，它很可能会影响历史的进程。
9. Pollution continues to affect our forests and water. 污染不停地破坏着我们的森林和水源。
10. Moreover, roommates can affect each other's psychological health. 而且，室友会互相影响对方的心理健康。