1. Elephants like to have one master just as dogs do, and are capable of a considerable degree of personal affection. 大象和狗一样，喜欢有一个专一的主人，而且会对主人产生相当深厚的私人感情。
2. But most wonder if it's worth it given their respective lack of affection for each other. 但大多数人都心存疑惑：既然两岸互缺钟爱之情，修此隧道是否值得？
3. There is a natural tendency for any relationship based on voluntary affection to come apart, but marriage provides the glue needed to keep a couple together by providing ties of family, in conjunction with the obligations of parents to children. 任何建立在自发爱恋基础上的关系都会趋于自然终止，但婚姻建立起家庭纽带，以及父母与子女间的责任义务，这就提供了将夫妇联结在一起的粘合剂。
4. He felt great affection for his sister. 他很疼他的妹妹.
5. His mother could not approve of her son's affection for a woman she had never met, but Bartholdi went ahead and married his love in 1876. 他母亲不赞成自己的儿子和一个她没有见过的女子恋爱，然而巴托尔迪不为所动，毅然和心中所爱于1876年结为伉俪。
6. If marriage exists only as a romantic relationship that can be ended at will, and family exists only by virtue of bonds of affection, both marriage and family come second to the search for love. 如果婚姻仅是一种可随意终止的浪漫关系，如果家庭仅由感情来维系，那么婚姻和家庭与追求爱情相比就只能退居其次了。
7. In Oona O'Neill Chaplin, he found a partner whose stability and affection spanned the 37 years age difference between them that had seemed so threatening that when the official who was marrying them in 1942, turned to the beautiful girl of 17 who'd g 他找到了沃娜·奥尼尔·卓别林这个伴侣。她的稳定和深情跨越了他们之间37岁的年龄差距。他们的年龄差别太大，以致当1942年他们要结婚时，新娘公布了他们的结婚日期后，为他们办理手续的官员问这位漂亮的17岁姑娘：