名词:ager 动词过去式:aged 过去分词:aged 现在分词:aging 第三人称单数:ages
1 [C, U] length of time that a person has lived or a thing has existed 人所生活的或事物所存在的期间; 年龄; 年岁; 年纪; 寿命
*What age is he? 他多大年纪?
* He's six years of age/six years old. 他六岁.
* Their ages are two and ten. 他们的年龄是一个两岁, 一个十岁.
* At what age did she retire? 她多少岁退休的?
* I left school at the age of 18. 我中学毕业时18岁.
* When I was your age... 当我像你这样年纪时...
* We have a son your age. 我们有个儿子和你同岁.
* He lived to a great age. 他活到很大年纪.
* Geologists have calculated the age of the earth. 地质学家已经计算出了地球的年龄.
* [attrib 作定语] Anyone can enter the contest there's no age limit, ie no one will be regarded as too old or too young. 任何人均可参加竞赛--无年龄限制. =>App
2 [U] latter part of life; old age 生命的後期; 老年; 晚年
*the wisdom that comes with age 因年老而积累的智慧
* His face was wrinkled with age. 他的脸因苍老而起皱.
* Fine wine improves with age. 美酒陈年味更醇. Cf 参看 youth 1, 2.
3 [C] period of history with special characteristics or events （具有某种特徵或特殊事件的）历史时期; 时代
*the Elizabethan Age, ie the time of Queen Elizabeth I of England 伊丽莎白时代（英国女王伊丽莎白一世的时代）
* the modern age, the nuclear age, the age of the microchip 现代, 核子时代, 微晶片时代.
4 [C usu pl 通常作复数] (infml 口) very long time 极长的时间; 很久
*I waited (for) ages/an age. 我等候很久了.
* It took (us) ages to find a place to park. （我们）找了好半天才找到个停车的地方.
5 (idm 习语) the age/years of discretion => discretion. at a tender age/of tender age => tender1. the awkward age => awkward. ,be/,come of `age reach the age at which one has an adult's legal rights and obligations 成年; 达到法定年龄. ,be your `age (infml 口) (esp imperative 尤用于祈使语气) behave as sb of your age should and not as though you were much younger 年纪不小了（举止应与你年纪相称, 不要装成更小的样子）. feel one's age => feel. in this day and age => day. ,look one's `age seem as old as one really is 容貌与年龄相称
*She doesn't look her age at all, ie appears much younger than she really is. 她一点儿也不像那么大年纪（显得年轻得多）. (be) of an `age having reached an age when one should do sth 达到该做某事的年龄
*He's of an age when he ought to settle down. 他已经到了应该安顿下来的年龄了. of an `age with sb of the same age as sb 与某人同岁; 同庚. ,over `age too old 超龄. ,under `age not old enough; not yet adult 未到规定年龄; 未成年
*You shouldn't sell cigarettes to teenagers who are under age/to under-age teenagers. 你不应该把香烟卖给没到岁数的青少年.
v (pres p ageing or aging, pp aged/eIdVd; edVd/)
1 (a) [I] grow old; show signs of growing old 变老; 显老; 见老
*He's aged a lot recently. 他最近很见老.
* She's aging gracefully. 她老得有风韵.
(b) [Tn] cause (sb) to become old 使（某人）变老
*Worry aged him rapidly. 忧虑使他老得很快.
* I found her greatly aged. 我发现她老得多了.
2 (a) [I] become mature 变成熟; 变陈
*allow wine to age 使酒变陈.
(b) [Tn] cause or allow (sth) to mature 使（某事物）成熟.
Shawiya Berber, or Chaouïa (native name: Tachawit) is the Zenati variety of the Berber language. Shawiya Berber is spoken by the Shawi Berbers of the Awras region of eastern Algeria and surrounding areas including Batna, Khenchela, Sétif, Oum El Bouaghi, Souk Ahras, Tébessa and the north part of Biskra.
1. Experiments have proved that children can be instructed in swimming at a very early age. 实验证明，儿童在很小的时候就可以开始学习游泳。
2. Eliot, 64, suffered a heart attack at age 44. 埃利奥特, 现年64岁, 在44岁时曾有过一次心脏病发作，
3. But animals of this age do not easily become subservient to man, and a very firm hand must be employed in the early stages. 但这个年龄的象不易驯服，因此开始阶段需要有一位强有力的老手。
4. By the time I was sixteen, my daughter's age, his breath was a wheeze, embarrassing to hear; he could not climb stairs without resting every third or fourth step. 到我16岁, 也就是我女儿现在这般年龄时，他一呼吸就呼哧呼哧的，让人感到不安；他上楼时每走三、四级楼梯就得停下来休息一会儿。
5. Ben Franklin did it at age 32. 本·富兰克林在32岁时就是这样做的。
6. Both marriage and family involve long-term obligations and responsibility for shared care, not just the search of happiness, that hollow goal of the modern age. 婚姻和家庭意味着互相关爱的长期义务与责任，而不仅仅是寻求幸福，这一摩登时代的空洞目标。
7. By installing optical fiber, digital switches, and the latest wireless transmission systems, a parade of urban centers and industrial zones from Beijing to Budapest are stepping directly into the Information Age. 由于安装了光纤电缆、数字转换器和最新的无线传输系统，从北京到布达佩斯的一系列城区和工业区正在直接跨入信息时代。
8. Because of its strong educational system in mathematics and science, it should thrive in the information age. 由于其坚实的数学和科学教育基础，它应该在信息时代有繁荣的发展。
9. What age is he? 他多大年纪?
10. When he was your age , he became a carpenter. 当他象你这样年纪的时候，已是个木工了。