动词过去式:agreed 过去分词:agreed 现在分词:agreeing 第三人称单数:agrees
1 [I, Ipr, It] ~ (to sth) say `yes'; say that one is willing; consent (to sth) 同意; 愿意; 答应（某事物）
*I asked for a pay rise and she agreed. 我请求加薪, 她就答应了.
* Is he going to agree to our suggestion? 他会同意我们的建议吗?
* He agreed to let me go home early. 他同意让我早些回家. Cf 参看 refuse2.
2 (a) [I, Ipr, It, Tf, Tw] ~ (with sb) (about/on sth); ~ (with sb) (about sb); ~ (with sth) be in harmony (with sb); have or form a similar opinion (as sb)同意; 赞成; （与某人）意见一致
*When he said that, I had to agree. 他既然说出那样的话了, 我也只好同意了.
* Do you agree with me about the need for more schools? 关于多建一些学校一事, 你同意我的意见吗?
* We couldn't agree on a date/when to meet. 关于日期[什么时候见面], 我们未能取得一致意见.
* I agree with his analysis of the situation. 我同意他对情况的分析.
* We agreed to start early. 我们赞成早些开始.
* Do we all agree that the proposal is a good one? 我们是不是都一致认为这个建议很好? Cf 参看 disagree.
(b) [Tn] reach the same opinion on (sth) 在（某事物）上取得一致的意见; 商定; 约定
*Can we agree a price? 我们能不能商定一个价格?
* They met at the agreed time. 他们在约好的时间相见了.
3 [Tn] accept (sth) as correct; approve 认为（某事物）正确无误; 认可
*The tax inspector agreed the figures. 税务稽查员核准了这些数字.
* Next year's budget has been agreed. 明年的预算已获通过.
4 [I, Ipr] ~ (with sth) be consistent (with sth); match （与某事物）相一致; 相符合; 相吻合
*The two accounts do not agree. 这两个帐目不相符.
* Your account of the affair does not agree with mine. 这件事你的说法和我的说法不一致. Cf 参看 disagree.
5 [I, Ip] ~ (together) be happy together; enjoy each other's company 合得来; 相投
*Brothers and sisters never seem to agree. 兄弟姐妹好像总是合不来. Cf 参看 disagree.
6 [I, Ipr] ~ (with sth) (grammar) correspond (with a word or phrase) in number, person, etc （与一个词或词组在数, 人称等上）一致
*The verb agrees with its subject in number and person. 动词在数和人称上与主语一致. Cf 参看 disagree.
7 (idm 习语) a,gree to `differ accept differences of opinion, esp in order to avoid further argument 承认有分歧, 保留不同意见（尤用于为避免进一步争论）
*We must agree to differ on this. 我们得承认在这一问题上有分歧. be agreed (on/about sth); be agreed (that...) (with it or a plural subject 与it或复数主语连用) have reached an agreement 达成协议; 意见一致
*Are we all agreed on the best course of action? 我们是否都一致同意这一最佳措施?
* It was agreed that another meeting was necessary. 大家一致认为有必要再开一次会. ,couldn't agree (with sb) `more agree completely with sb 与某人意见完全一致
*`The scheme's bound to fail.' `I couldn't agree more!' ‘这项计划注定要失败.’‘你说得太对了!’
8 (phr v) agree with sb (esp in negative sentences or questions 尤用于否定句或疑问句) suit sb's health or digestion （对某人的健康或胃口）适合
*The humid climate didn't agree with him. 那潮湿的气候对他不合适.
* I like mushrooms but unfortunately they don't agree with me, ie they make me ill if I eat them. 我喜欢吃蘑菇, 可惜吃了难受（我吃了以後不舒服）.
1【same opinion】2【say yes】3【decide together】4【be the same】5 agree to differ/disagreePhrasal verbs agree with something
1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin:
agréer, from gré 'will, pleasure'
, from Latin
]【SAME OPINION】 [I,T not in progressive]
to have or express the same opinion about something as someone else
≠ disagree Teenagers and their parents rarely agree.agree with If she felt he was right, she would agree with him.agree that Most people nowadays would agree that a good pub is one of our best traditions.agree on/about We don't agree on everything, of course.I quite agree/I couldn't agree more
(=I agree completely) 'We have to talk.' 'Absolutely,' Meredith replied. 'I couldn't agree more.'【SAY YES】 [I,T not in progressive]
to say yes to an idea, plan, suggestion etc
≠ refuse I suggested we go somewhere for the weekend and she agreed at once.agree to do sth No one really knows why he agreed to do the film.agree to My sister won't agree to our mother going into a nursing home.【DECIDE TOGETHER】 [I,T not in progressive]
to make a decision with someone after a discussion with themagree to do sth We agreed to meet again the following Monday.agree on They managed to agree on a date for the wedding.agree that It was agreed that elections would be held in May.agree a price/plan/strategy etc We agreed a new four-year contract.【BE THE SAME】 [I not in progressive]
if two pieces of information agree with each other, they match or are the sameagree with Your story doesn't agree with what the police have told us.agree to differ/disagree
if two people agree to differ, they accept that they have different opinions about something and stop arguing about itagree with
[agree with sth] phr v
to believe that a decision, action, or suggestion is correct or right I don't agree with hitting children.not agree with sb
if a type of food does not agree with you, it makes you feel ill Green peppers don't agree with me.
if an adjective, verb etc agrees with a word, it matches that word by being plural if the word is plural etc
1. Each believed that he knew just what the beast looked like; and they called each other names because they could not agree. 每人都认为只有自己了解大象。由于不能统一看法，他们就相互谩骂起来。
2. Everyone should agree on a meeting point outside of the area — perhaps in a town several miles away. 大家应该商定一个地震区外的会合点——可能是在几英里外的某个市镇。
3. But all geographers agree that Asia was once linked to North America. 但是地理学家一致认为，亚洲和北美洲曾经是连在一起的，
4. B. I agree. To go all out for the building of socialism: that is our Song of Youth. B． 我同意。全力以赴地进行社会主义建设：这是我们的“青春之歌”。
5. But what self-respecting terrorist would agree he belongs to a "terrorist organization"? 但是哪一个有自尊的恐怖分子会承认他属于一个"恐怖主义组织"呢？
6. We agree with the idea that love is a spirit that changes life. 我们一致认为爱是一种精神，它能改变人生。
7. They could not agree about the distribution of the profits. 他们未能在分配利润方面达成一致意见。
8. Today some men agree with the old custom of having as many wives as desired. 现在有些男人赞成那种想要多少妻子就可以拥有多少妻子的古老风俗。
9. The parents agree in writing to meet monthly in one of 20 regional groups, go to a yearly three-day regional retreat, and spend at least three times a year in workshops, discussion groups and seminars at Bath. 家长签约同意每月出席一次区小组会议（共20个区小组），每年去区休养所三天，每年至少参加三次巴思市的研修班、讨论组和研讨会。
10. Her frown implied that she did not agree with us. 她眉头深锁表示不同意我们的意见。