1 pleasing; giving pleasure 令人喜悦的; 令人愉快的; 宜人的
*agreeable weather 宜人的天气
* agreeable company 合得来的同伴
* I found him most agreeable. 我觉得他极易相处.
2 [pred 作表语] ~ (to sth) ready to agree 准备同意; 欣然同意
*If you're agreeable to our proposal, we'll go ahead. 如果你同意我们的建议, 我们就进行了.
* I'll invite her, if you're agreeable to her coming. 如果你乐意她来的话, 我就请她.
adjwritten or old-fashioned
≠ disagreeable We spent a most agreeable couple of hours. an agreeable young manbe agreeable to sthformal
to be willing to do something or willing to allow something to be done My parents are quite agreeable to my studying abroad.
acceptableagreeable to The main objective is to find a solution that is agreeable to the company in terms of cost.>agreeablyadv I think you'll be agreeably surprised by what I'm going to say.
1. He described it as ´a very agreeable situation located within two small hills in the midst of which flowed a great river.´ 他对该港作了这样的描述："地理位置十分适宜，位于两座小山的中间，一条大河从中间流过"。
2. A pooling of resources was agreeable to both young men. 两个年轻人都愿意把财力和智力合在一起，筹办这次探险。
3. I´m agreeable to your suggestion. 我乐意接受你的建议。
4. I found him pleasant and considerate and his personal touch made our association agreeable. 我发现他友善而且很体谅他人，他本人的风格使我们的交往很愉快。