1 [C] arrangement, promise or contract made with sb 协定; 协议; 承诺; 合约
*Please sign the agreement. 请签协议.
* An agreement with the employers was finally worked out. 与雇主们的协议终于达成了.
* They have broken the agreement between us. 他们撕毁了与我们的协议.
2 [U] harmony in opinion or feeling （意见或感情）协调, 相合, 一致
*The two sides failed to reach agreement. 双方未能取得一致意见.
* There is little agreement as to what our policy should be. 我们的方针政策应该怎样, 几乎没有一致的意见.
* Are we in agreement about the price? 我们对价格的意见一致吗?
3 [U] (grammar) having the same number, gender, case or person （数, 性, 格或人称）一致
*agreement between subject and verb 主语与动词一致.4 (idm 习语) a gentleman's agreement => gentleman.
an arrangement or promise to do something, made by two or more people, companies, organizations etc a trade agreementagreement with Does your employer have an agreement with a union?agreement on an agreement on arms reductioncome to/reach an agreement Failure to reach an agreement will result in a strike. Haydon came to an agreement with his creditors.under an agreement Under the agreement, most agricultural prices would be frozen or cut. They had an agreement that she would give them any leftover food from her shop. They claimed the company had broken the terms of the agreement .[U]
when people have the same opinion as each other
≠ disagreementagreement that There is general agreement that copyright is a good idea.agreement on There is widespread agreement on the need for prison reform.be in agreement A decision will not be made until everyone is in agreement. It is easier for two parties to reach agreement than for three.[U]
when someone says yes to an idea, plan, suggestion etcagreement to do sth Would their discussion result in his agreement to visit his stepmother?agreement of Such arrangements cannot be altered without the agreement of the bank.[C]
an official document that people sign to show that they have agreed to something Please read the agreement and sign it. a hire purchase agreement
1. But even when both parties have signed such an agreement, it can be impossible to enforce it in court if proper guidelines have not been followed. 但是，即使双方签署了这样的协议，如果不遵循正确的指导方针，还是不可能在法院实施它。
2. When an agreement could not be forged, the wedding was canceled. 结果由于协议无法确定，婚礼被取消了。
3. This trade agreement is advantageous to both countries. 这个贸易协定对两国都有利。
4. The teacher nodded in agreement. 老师同意地点点头.
5. The EU----following fine continental traditions----wants agreement on general principles, which could be applied to many types of products and perhaps extended to other countries. 欧洲人遵循优良的大陆传统，则希望就普遍的原则取得一致，而这些原则适用于许多不同产品，同时可能延伸到其它国家。
6. The busmen have stated that the strike will continue until general agreement is reached about pay and working conditions. 司机们声称此次罢工将一直持续到就工资和工作条件问题达成全面协议的时候为止。
7. The next morning, November 30, the British announced their agreement. 第二天早上，也就是11月30日，英国宣布了他们的赞同。
8. Lawyers for Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis contested the prenuptial agreement between her and Aristotle Onassis after his death, reportedly winning $26 million in an out-of-court settlement. 杰奎琳·肯尼迪·奥纳西斯的律师在亚里士多德·奥纳西斯死后拿出两人的婚前协议对簿公堂，据说后来在庭外和解中赢得了2,600万美元。
9. To avoid this, some lawyers will not draw up an agreement once a wedding date has been set. 为避免这类问题，有些律师不愿在婚期已定之后起草协议。
10. The likely next step is agreement from the Government to test pepper spray, an organic substance derived from peppers which disables an attacker if sprayed in his face. 下一步可能的做法是政府同意试验胡椒喷雾剂，一种从胡椒中提取的有机物质。如果喷在脸上，它能使袭击者丧失行动能力。