动词过去式:aliened 过去分词:aliened 现在分词:aliening 第三人称单数:aliens
alter=other（其他的） 变化型 ali
/'eɪlɪən; `elɪən/ n
1 (fml or law 文或律) person who is not a naturalized citizen of the country in which he is living 外侨; 侨民; 外国人.
2 being from another world 从另一世界来的生物.
1 (a) foreign 外国的
*an alien land 外国.
(b) unfamiliar; strange 不熟悉的; 陌生的
*an alien environment 陌生的环境
* alien customs 陌生的风俗习惯.
2 [pred 作表语] ~ to sth/sb contrary to sth; hateful to sb 与某事物相反; 使某人憎恨
*Such principles are alien to our religion. 这些原则与我们的宗教信仰相抵触.
* Cruelty was quite alien to his nature/to him. 残忍的行为与他的本性[与他]格格不入.
(1979) a US horror
film about a creature that kills people by living in their bodies
1. Trouts are alien to our country. 我国不产鳟鱼。
2. And unhorsed by fences, laws and alien taboos. 最后被圈地、尖律我外来的清规戒律所击败。
3. Men were bewildered by politicians, bankers and business-men, and unhorsed by fences, laws and alien taboos. 人们被政客, 银行家及实业家搞得手足无措, 被藩篱. 法律以及外来的戒律赶下了马.
4. I had expected to be near my objective by now, but everything still seemed alien to me. 我料想这时我已经接近目的地了，但我感到一切似乎仍然是陌生的。
5. I had expected to be near my objective by now, but everything still seemed alien to me. 我本想离目的地已经不远，但周围一切对我仍很陌生。