动词过去式:arcaded 过去分词:arcaded 现在分词:arcading 第三人称单数:arcades
n covered passage or area, esp one with an arched roof and shops along one or both sides 拱廊（尤指有拱形顶盖, 一侧或两侧有商店的通道）
*a shopping arcade 拱廊市场.
1700-1800; Language: French;Origin:Italian
arcata, from arca 'arch'
a covered passage at the side of a row of buildings with pillars
supporting it on one side
a covered passage between two streets with shops on each side of itBrE alsoshopping arcade
a large building or part of a building where there are many shops
an amusement arcade arcade games
Variant transcription of 'AISHA
1. The expensive shops in a famous arcade near Piccadilly were just opening. 皮卡迪利大街附近的一著名的拱廊街道上,几家高挡商店刚刚开门.
2. The expensive shops in a famous arcade near Piccadilly were just opening. 皮卡迪利大街附近的一条著名拱廊街道上，几家高档商店刚刚开始营业。
3. The silence was suddenly broken when a large car, with its headlights on and its horn blaring, roared down the arcade. 宁静突然被打破，一辆大轿车亮着前灯，响着喇叭，呼啸着冲进了拱廊街，
4. He and his staff began throwing furniture out of the window. Chairs and tables went flying into the arcade. 他与店员动手向窗外投掷家具，椅子，桌子飞落花流水在拱廊街上。
5. At this time of the morning, the arcade was almost empty. 在早晨的这个时候，拱廊街上几乎空无一人。