名词:arranger 动词过去式:arranged 过去分词:arranged 现在分词:arranging 第三人称单数:arranges
ad-=to,at,for 表示方向、变化、完成、附加、增加、开始，或只表加强的重要字首 变化型 ab-,ac-,af-,ag-,al-,an-,ap-,ar-,as-,at-
1 [Tn] put (sth) in order; make tidy, neat or attractive 安排; 整理; 布置; 排列
*arrange the books on the shelves 整理书架上的书
* arrange some flowers in a vase 插好花瓶 的花
* She arranged all her business affairs before going on holiday. 她在度假前把业务都安排好了.
2 (a) [Tn] plan the details of (a future event); organize in advance 筹备; 安排
*arrange a dinner to celebrate their anniversary 筹备庆祝他们周年纪念的聚餐
* arrange a programme, a timetable, an itinerary, etc 安排节目, 时间表, 旅行计划等
* Her marriage was arranged by her parents, ie They chose her future husband. 她的婚姻是父母包办的.
(b) [Ipr, Tt] ~ for sb/sth (to do sth) make sth happen; ensure that sth happens 使某事物发生; 确保某事物发生; 准备; 设法
*I've arranged for a car (to meet you at the airport). 我已经准备了一辆汽车（到机场接你）.
* I'll arrange to be in when you call. 你来电话的时候, 我一定在屋里等着.
3 [Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Tf, Tw, Tt] ~ with sb about sth; ~ (with sb) to do sth agree with sb about sth or to do sth 约定; 商定
*I've arranged with the neighbours about feeding the cats. 我已和邻居商量妥喂猫的事.
* Let's arrange a time and place for our next meeting. 咱们定好下次会议的时间和地点吧.
* I arranged with my parents that we could borrow their car. 我和父母说好我们可以用他们的汽车.
* They arranged to meet at
7 o'clock. 他们约好7点钟见.
4 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (for sth) adapt (a piece of music) for a particular instrument, voice, etc 改编（乐曲）
*He arranged many traditional folk songs (for the piano). 他（为钢琴演奏）改编了很多传统民歌.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*The verbs arrange, organize and plan all have two main meanings.*arrange, organize, plan 这三个动词都含有两层主要意思. The first is connected with putting things in order, the second with making preparations in advance. 一是把事物按顺序排好, 二是事先作好准备.
1 Arrange is to put in a pleasing or correct order*arrange指的是排成合意的或正确的顺序
*You must arrange these books in alphabetical order. 你要把这些书按字母顺序排好. Organize is to put into a working system *organize是指理成便于工作的次序
*To write a good essay you must first organize your ideas logically. 要写出好文章, 必须先从逻辑上理顺思绪. Plan is to draw a diagram of a place, project, etc *plan是指勾画出一地方或工程等的图样
*Before we buy anything, let's plan the kitchen on paper. 咱们先在纸上画出厨房的图样再买东西.
2 When we arrange a meeting we invite all the necessary people 我们 arrange一会议, 意思是邀请必要到会的人
*Could you arrange a meeting with Mrs Wilson for Monday, please? 是否能请你邀请威尔逊夫人星期一到会? To organize a meeting we need to make all the necessary provisions, eg book a room, provide equipment and refreshments, etc 要organize一会议, 我们需要作好一切必要的准备, 如预定房间, 提供设施和茶点等
*Who's going to organize the sandwiches for Monday's meeting? 谁来准备星期一会议上的三明治? When we plan a meeting, we decide in detail on its length, on the agenda, etc 我们plan一会议, 就要确定会议的长短, 议事程序等细节
*If we don't plan this meeting properly, we'll get side-tracked into discussing unimportant issues. 倘若我们计划不好这一会议, 就会使讨论扯到枝节问题上去了.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin: arangier, from rengier 'to put in a row', from reng 'row']
[I and T]
to organize or make plans for something such as a meeting, party, or trip
Contact your local branch to arrange an appointment.
I'd like to arrange a business loan.
arrange to do sth
Have you arranged to meet Mark this weekend?
arrange sth with sb
Beth arranged a meeting with the marketing director.
arrange when/where/how etc
We still have to arrange how to get home.
We had arranged that I would go for the weekend.
Matthew arrived at 2 o'clock as arranged.
[I and T]
to make it possible for someone to have or do something
arrange for sth
The company will arrange for a taxi to meet you at the airport.
arrange for sb to do sth
Dave arranged for someone to drive him home.
to put a group of things or people in a particular order or position
Ben arranged the flowers in a vase.
The list is arranged alphabetically.
arrange sth in pairs/groups etc
The children were arranged in lines according to height.
to write or change a piece of music so that it is suitable for a particular instrument
arrange sth for sth
a symphony arranged for the piano
From an Irish surname derived from Mac Branain, which means "descendent of BRAN (1)
1. Arrange the words in groups. 将这些单词分组排列。
2. A great deal will arrange itself in the brain without the learning of too many special rules or the aid of elaborate explanations. 许多东西被吸收到脑子里面以后，自然会整理得有条不紊，倒不一定依靠学会许多特殊的规则，或是借助于十分周详的解释。
3. Arrange an auxiliary cooking and heating source that can be used outside. One alternative is a portable camp stove with small cans of gas. 放置一个备用的户外烹调和取暖用具，或者准备一个便携式露营灶和几小罐煤气。
4. Roses Only can arrange delivery via overnight mail to anywhere in the country. "惟一玫瑰"可以通过速递邮件连夜把花送到全国各地。