n.文章,论文,物品,商品,项目,条款 v.清楚说出 adj.表达清晰的
动词过去式:articled 过去分词:articled 现在分词:articling 第三人称单数:articles
1 particular or separate thing, esp one of a set 物件; 物品（尤指一套中之一）
*articles of clothing, eg shirts, socks, hats, coats 衣物（如衬衫, 袜子, 帽子, 外衣）
* toilet articles, eg soap, toothpaste, shaving-cream 梳妆用品（如肥皂, 牙膏, 刮胡膏）
* The articles found in the car helped the police identify the body. 警方根据从汽车 找到的物品认出了尸体的身分.
2 piece of writing, complete in itself, in a newspaper, magazine, etc （报刊上的）文章
*an interesting article on/about education 一篇关于教育的使人感兴趣的文章.3 (law 律) separate clause or item in an agreement or a contract （协议或合同的）项目, 条款
*articles of apprenticeship, ie the formal agreement between an apprentice and his employer 师徒合约.
4 (grammar) either of the determiners `a/an' (the indefinite article) or `the' (the definite article) 冠词（不定冠词a/an或定冠词 the）.
v [usu passive 通常用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (to sb) employ sb under contract as a trainee 雇用某人为受合同约束的受训者
*an articled clerk 订有见习合同的店员
* articled to a solicitor 受律师实习条款约束的.
1【newspaper/magazine】2【object】3【law】4【grammar】5 articles6 an article of faith
1100-1200; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin
articulus 'joint, division'
, from artus 'joint'
a piece of writing about a particular subject in a newspaper or magazinearticle on/about an article on environmental issues The paper's leading article (=the main article) described the government as weak. newspaper articles【OBJECT】formal
a thing, especially one of a group of things
= item household articles She only took a few articles of clothing with her.【LAW】
a part of a law or legal agreement that deals with a particular point Article 1 of the constitution guarantees freedom of religion.【GRAMMAR】technical
a word used before a noun to show whether the noun refers to a particular example of something or to a general example of something. In English, 'the' is called the definite article and 'a' and 'an' are called the indefinite article.articlesBrE
an agreement by which someone finishes their training, especially as a lawyer, by working for a companyan article of faith
something that you feel very strongly about so that it affects how you think or behave
1. When the article arrived, the editor read the first sentence and then refused to publish it. 稿子寄来后，编辑看第一句话就拒绝予以发表。
2. When the journalist again failed to reply, the editor reluctantly published the article as it had originally been written. 但记者还是没有回复。编辑无奈，勉强按原样发稿了。
3. The article has been compressed. 这篇文章已经过压缩。
4. The article is an attempt to defame an honest man. 这篇文章旨在诋毁一个正直的人.
5. The article deserves careful study. 这篇文章值得仔细研究.
6. The article bore the headline "Conversation and Confrontation". 文章标题为"对话与对抗"。
7. The article began: ´Hundreds of steps lead to the high wall which surrounds the president´s palace.´ 文章的开头是这样的："几百级台阶通向环绕总统的高墙。"
8. The following essay appeared as Newsweek's (《新闻周刊》) "My Turn" article in September of 1980.) 下面这篇文章发表在《新闻周刊》1980年9月号上名为"轮到我了"的专栏里。
9. An interesting article on/about education 一篇关於教育的使人感兴趣的文章.
10. A recent article in a weekly newspaper, for instance, was headed with a striking illustration of a lady in a state of considerable distress, 例如，最近一家周报刊登了一篇文章，文章上方有一幅引人注目的插图，是一位表情沮丧的女子。