1 (a) [U] coming together of a group of people for a specific purpose 集合; 集会
*Morning assembly is held in the school hall. 晨会在学校礼堂举行.
* deny sb the right of assembly 不予某人集会的权利
* [attrib 作定语] assembly rooms 会议室.
(b) [CGp] group of people in such a meeting 集合的人们; 参加集会的人们
*The motion was put to the assembly. 这项动议已提交给大会了.
* The national assembly has/have met to discuss the crisis. 国民大会已对这一危机进行了讨论.
* the legislative assemblies of the USA 美国各州的两院制议会.
2 (a) [U] act or process of fitting together the parts of sth 装配; 安装
*The assembly of cars is often done by machines. 汽车常由机器装配.
* Each component is carefully checked before assembly. 每个零件在装配前都经过仔细检查.
* [attrib 作定语] an assembly plant, eg in a factory 装配车间（如工厂中者）.
(b) [C] unit consisting of smaller manufactured parts that have been fitted together 装配组件
*the tail assembly of an aircraft 飞机的机尾装配组件.
3 [C] sound of a drum or bugle calling soldiers to assemble （军队的）集合鼓, 集合号.
a group of people who are elected to make decisions or laws for a particular country, area, or organization
the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
the speaker of the California state assembly
the meeting together of a group of people for a particular purpose
an assembly of reporters
Police have imposed conditions on public assemblies.
Restrictions on freedom of assembly have gradually been relaxed.
an assembly point (=a place where people go in a particular situation)
[U and C]
a regular meeting of all the teachers and students of a school
the process of putting the parts of something together
instructions for assembly
1. Women in Kenya make up 60 percent of the people who vote, but only 3 percent of the National Assembly. 肯尼亚妇女占选民人数的60%，但在国民大会中的席位仅3%。
2. When the 100 women, including a member of the National Assembly, refused to go, officers tore down their banners and beat them with clubs and fists, witnesses reported. 目击者报告说，当时有100名妇女，包括一名国民大会委员。她们拒绝离开，于是警官扯下她们的旗帜，并对她们棒打拳击。
3. Widespread access to information technologies, for example, promises to condense the time required to change from labor- intensive assembly work to industries that involve engineering, marketing, and design. 例如，信息技术的广泛应用有望缩短从劳动密集型的组装工业转向涉及工程、营销、设计等产业所需的时间。
4. I hate the monotony of work on the assembly line. 我痛恨在单调无味的装配线上工作。
5. I hate the monotony of work on the assembly line. 我痛恨在单调无味的装配线上工作。