n.进攻,攻击,(用语言)抨击,批评,疾病发作,侵袭 vt.攻击,抨击,动手处理(某事) vi.攻击
名词:attacker 动词过去式:attacked 过去分词:attacked 现在分词:attacking 第三人称单数:attacks
1 [C, U] ~ (on sb/sth) violent attempt to hurt, overcome or defeat sb/sth 伤害; 攻击; 进攻; 攻打
*make an attack on the enemy, bridge, town 向敌人, 桥梁, 城镇进攻
* the victim of a terrorist attack 恐怖分子攻击的受害者
* Our troops are now on the attack. 我们的部队正在进攻.
* The patrol came under attack from all sides. 巡逻队遭到来自四面八方的攻击.
* (saying 谚) Attack is the best form of defence. 进攻是最好的防御.
2 [C, U] ~ (on sb/sth) strong criticism in speech or writing 抨击; 非难
*an attack on the Government's policies 对政府政策的抨击.
3 [C] ~ (on sth) vigorous attempt to deal with sth 对某事物奋力着手处理; 动手
*an all-out attack on poverty, unemployment, etc 全力着手解决贫困, 失业等问题.
4 [C] sudden start of an illness, etc （疾病等突然的）侵袭, 发作
*an attack of asthma, flu, malaria, hiccups, nerves, etc 气喘, 流感, 疟疾, 呃逆, 神经质等发作
* a `heart attack 心脏病发作
* (fig 比喻) an attack of the giggles 一阵咯咯的傻笑.
5 [U] (esp vigorous) way of beginning sth （尤指强有力的）开始某事物
*This piece of music needs to be played with more attack. 这段乐曲的开始部分要演奏得更加雄壮有力.
6 [C usu sing 通常作单数] (sport 体) (players who are in the) position of trying to score in a game, eg of football or cricket （在如足球或板球比赛中处于可得分的）进攻位置（的运动员）
*England's attack has been weakened by the injury of certain key players. 英格兰队某些主力运动员受伤而使攻球削弱.
* We must move more players into the attack. 我们要多调配运动员到攻球区.
1 [I, Tn] make an attack on (sb/sth) 攻击; 进攻; 袭击
*They decided to attack at night. 他们决定夜晚进攻.
* attack a neighbouring country 攻击邻国
* A woman was attacked and robbed by a gang of youths. 有一妇女遭到一群青年的袭击和抢劫.
2 [Tn] criticize (sb/sth) severely 抨击
*a newspaper article attacking the Prime Minister 报纸上抨击首相的文章.
3 [Tn] begin to deal with (sth) vigorously; tackle 奋力着手处理（某事物）; 对付
*The Government is making no attempt to attack unemployment. 政府无意解决失业问题.
* Shall we attack the washing-up? 咱们动手洗碗碟好吗?
* They attacked their meal with gusto. 他们大吃大喝.
4 [Tn] act harmfully on (sth/sb) 侵袭, 腐蚀（某事物[某人]）
*a disease that attacks the brain 侵袭大脑的疾病
* Rust attacks metals. 锈能腐蚀金属. attacker n person who attacks 攻击者; 进攻者; 抨击者.
The Meet-in-the-Middle attack (MITM) is a generic cryptographic attack.
1. Even then he would not stop until at last, in 1793, when he was 65 years old, he died of a heart attack. 尽管那样，他仍坚持工作，直到1793年他65岁时因心脏病发作而去世。
2. Eliot, 64, suffered a heart attack at age 44. 埃利奥特, 现年64岁, 在44岁时曾有过一次心脏病发作，
3. They decided to attack at night. 他们决定夜晚进攻.
4. The enemy made a brutal attack upon the village. 敌人对这个村庄进行了野蛮的攻击。
5. The planes came in to attack. 飞机来进行袭击了。
6. The scattered soldiers were rallied in the vale for the next attack. 为了下次的出击，分散了的士兵被集合在山谷中。
7. The medicine he had been given because of the pain from his heart attack made his eyes weak and he only dimly saw the young man in Marine Corps uniform standing outside the oxygen tent. 老人所服用的医治心脏病的药物损害了他的视力。所以他只能模模糊糊看见一个年轻人，身穿海军陆战队军服，站在氧气帐外。
8. Not one person telephoned the police during the attack; one person called after the woman was dead. 在整个袭击过程中，没有人报警，在该女子死后才有一个人打了电话。
9. His opening gambit at the debate was a direct attack on Government policy. 他在辩论中的策略是先直接抨击政府的政策.
10. Hopkins came back and, to the relief of everybody, reported nothing more than a mild attack of indigestion. 霍普金斯回来说，不过是轻微的肠胃不适，大家听了都松了一口气。