名词:awarder 动词过去式:awarded 过去分词:awarded 现在分词:awarding 第三人称单数:awards 形容词:awardable
v [Tn, Dn.n, Dn.pr] ~ sth (to sb) make an official decision to give sth to sb as a prize, as payment or as a punishment 颁发; 授予; 给与; 判定
*The judges awarded both finalists equal points. 裁判员判定决赛双方分数相同.
* The court awarded (him) damages of 50000. 法庭判给（他）50000英镑损害赔偿费.
* She was awarded a medal for bravery. 她因勇敢而获得奖章.
1 [U] decision to give sth, made by a judge, etc 裁定; 决定
*the award of a scholarship 奖学金颁发决定.
2 [C] thing or amount awarded 奖品; 奖状; 奖金
*She showed us the athletics awards she had won. 她给我们看她赢得的体育运动奖.
* [attrib 作定语] an award presentation/ceremony 奖品的颁发[颁奖仪式].
3 [C] (Brit) money paid to a student at university, etc to help meet living costs; grant 助学金
*Mary is not eligible for an award. 玛丽没有申请助学金的资格.
1. But it is impossible to honour her with the award." 但她不能享受艺术奖学金之荣誉。”
2. The award? 奖学金？
3. Those who refuse you this award don´t know what democracy means. 那些拒绝给你奖学金的人并不了解民主的含义。
4. The team — six doctors, three nurses, three breathing specialists, two drug experts and a manager — studied the situation and came up with improvements that earned the team a special award for quality improvement. 这个由六名医生、三名护士、三名呼吸系统专家、两名药物专家和一名负责人组成的小组研究了当时的情况，并作出了改进，这些改进为该小组赢得了一项质量改进特别奖。
5. Nancy Lee, your picture has won the Artist Club award. 南茜·李，你的画获得了艺术家俱乐部奖学金。
6. NANCY: (Begins to read) "The Committee has decided that Miss Nancy Lee Johnson is not to have the award of the Artist Club. 南茜 （开始念信）“本委员会决定：南茜·李·约翰逊不能获得艺术家俱乐部的奖学金。
7. Her career climaxed in the award of an Oscar. 她荣获奥斯卡金像奖是她事业的顶峰.
8. Although the intrinsic value of this award is small, I shall always cherish it. 尽管这个奖品本身的价值不大, 但我将永远珍惜它。
9. "This was a story about results," says the judge who gave the team the quality award. "他们的事迹将有深远的结果，"给该小组颁发质量奖的鉴定人说。
10. You will have to make a speech of thanks, Nancy, when the award is given you. 在给你发奖时，你得发言表示感谢。