1. But a watch could never repair itself----it does not consist of living parts, only of metal, which wears away by friction.
2. For the simple reason that I was left with several curiously shaped bits of metal which did not seem to fit anywhere.
3. The clatter of metal plates was heard from the kitchen.
4. They poured the hot metal into the mould.
5. The trainer stands in front of the elephant holding a long stick with a sharp metal point.
6. These movements are controlled by the trainer with the metal-pointed stick,
7. These objects, however, were different. Lined up against the wall, there were long thin wires attached to metal spheres.
8. This time they fixed heavy metal clamps to both sides of the dish so that they could fasten the chains.
9. The garden was soon littered with chunks of metal which had once made up a lawn mower.
10. The actual figure was made of copper supported by a metal framework which had been especially constructed by Eiffel.