1. Each new act that confirms your job loss starts the pain again: 每一个进一步让你确认自己已失去了工作的新情况都会重新激起你的痛楚：
2. But if no one can be trusted to act in a loyal and responsible manner towards his job, then the business will require armies of administrators, checkers, and foremen, and administrative overheads will rise correspondingly. 但是，如果企业中谁也不可信赖会对工作尽忠守职，那么企业就会需要大批的管理人员、检查人员和带班人员，管理费用就会相应地增加。
3. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
4. Becoming more creative means paying attention to that endless flow of ideas you produce, and learning to capture and act upon the new that's within you. 变得更有创造力意味着去留心你那些无穷无尽的想法，学会捕捉你脑子里的新东西并将之付诸行动。
5. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
6. When Harry put on his act of being mildly annoyed, the girl promised to order some for him. 当哈里装出懊恼的样子，那位姑娘答应帮他订购一些。
7. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
8. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。
9. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。
10. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, 就在你接电话时，孩子把桌布从桌子上扯下来，