1. Even under a clear blue sky, the village looked forbidding, as all the houses were built of grey mud bricks. 农舍全用灰色的土坯建成，因此，即使在晴朗的蓝天底下，村庄看上去也会令人感到难以亲近。
2. Earth looks like a big blue marble (玻璃球); from high above the Earth and from the moon, the planet gleams and shines. 地球看上去就像一个巨大的蓝色玻璃球, 从高高的地球上空或从月球上望去，这颗行星熠熠生辉，闪闪发光。
3. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
4. But while she was at college, my mother met my father, who was blue-eyed and yellow-haired and not Jewish. 可是我妈妈上大学时认识了我爸爸。他蓝眼睛，黄头发，而且不是犹太人。
5. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
6. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
7. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。
8. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。
9. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, 就在你接电话时，孩子把桌布从桌子上扯下来，
10. While they were talking the baby was sleeping restlessly, uttering little cries from time to time. 他们说话时，孩子睡得很不踏实，还不时地哭几声。