1. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
2. But parents of identical twins don't view one child as an organ farm for the other. 但是，同卵双胞胎的父母并不会把一个孩子看作另一个孩子的器官作坊。
3. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
4. We were, however, worried about our nearest neighbours, whose farm was low lying and who were newcomers to the district. 然而，我们为我们的近邻担忧，因为他们的农场地处洼地区，而且他们是这地区的新户。
5. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
6. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。
7. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。
8. When he learnt that he would be sent abroad, he returned to the farm and his father hid him until the end of the war. 当他了解自己将被派遣出国时，他逃回农场，父亲把他藏了起来，直到战争结束。
9. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, 就在你接电话时，孩子把桌布从桌子上扯下来，
10. We are lucky in that only the lower fields, which make up a very small proportion of our farm, are affected by flooding, 值得庆幸的是，只有低洼的受到洪水影响，而低洼地在我们农场比例很小。