n [U] BrE
dried milk that is mixed with water and fed to babies instead of breast milk
American Equivalent: formula
1. Each refrigerator contains milk bottles, meat containers and packages of mixed vegetables.
2. But milk is a fluid.Don´t you think I´m supposed to drink a lot of fluids when I have a cold?
3. Bottles of dairy milk arrived in door ways, and women took them in, as though the war were a thousand miles away.
4. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways.
5. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery .
6. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby.
7. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician.
8. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family.
9. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table,
10. While they were talking the baby was sleeping restlessly, uttering little cries from time to time.