(esp US) = milk tooth (milk).
a tooth from the first set of teeth that young children have
British Equivalent: milk tooth
1. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
2. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
3. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
4. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。
5. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。
6. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, 就在你接电话时，孩子把桌布从桌子上扯下来，
7. When the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth, I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth. 当那位牙医最后将药棉从我嘴中取出时，我总算有可能告诉他，他拔错了牙。
8. While they were talking the baby was sleeping restlessly, uttering little cries from time to time. 他们说话时，孩子睡得很不踏实，还不时地哭几声。
9. With her baby clasped to her she ran past the M.P.´s wife at the door and into the comfort of her neighbours´ arms. 她抱好孩子，绕过站在门口的议员夫人，奔向邻居们的怀里，以求一点同情。
10. The mother rocked the baby to sleep in its cradle. 母亲摇动摇篮使婴儿入睡.