1. Every time a packet left her hands, the hateful yellow face of the officer who had taken her son away flared up in her mind. 每当一小捆传单从她手中发出去时，她的脑海中就会闪现出那个把她儿子带走的军官那张可恶的黄色的脸。
2. Books were to him tools for his mind, not luxuries. 书对他来说是他大脑的工具，而不是奢侈品。
3. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
4. But some parents already produce second children with nonfatal transplants in mind, and many experts do not oppose this. 但有些父母已经生了第二个小孩，目的是进行一些非致命器官的移植， 对此许多专家也不反对。
5. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
6. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
7. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。
8. Worry is a spasm of the emotion; the mind catches hold of something and will not let it go. 烦恼是感情的一阵发作；脑子被某件事纠缠着而又抛不开它。
9. Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand. 胸中有知识，胜于手中有金钱。
10. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。