n (infml 口) (also sitter) person who looks after a child for a short time while the parents are out 小孩父母外出时临时照看孩子的人; 临时保姆.
1. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways.
2. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery .
3. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby.
4. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician.
5. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family.
6. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table,
7. While they were talking the baby was sleeping restlessly, uttering little cries from time to time.
8. With her baby clasped to her she ran past the M.P.´s wife at the door and into the comfort of her neighbours´ arms.
9. The mother rocked the baby to sleep in its cradle.
10. The mother is dressing her baby.