1. Eliza, John and Georgiana were gathered round their mother in the sitting-room. 起居室里伊丽莎、约翰、乔治安娜簇拥在他们母亲的周围，
2. Can be achieved by a brief period lying, or even sitting down. 只要稍微躺一躺，甚至坐一坐就能达到。
3. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
4. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
5. We spent many idle hours just sitting in the sun. 我们在太阳地里呆呆坐了好几个钟头.
6. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
7. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。
8. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。
9. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, 就在你接电话时，孩子把桌布从桌子上扯下来，
10. When the curtain rises, MISS OGDEN, Principal, is sitting at her desk, and MISS DIETRICH, a young teacher, in an armchair near the fireplace. 幕启。校长奥格登小姐坐在办公桌旁。年青教师迪特里希坐在壁炉旁的扶手椅上。