1. Every few hundred meters along the wall there are watchtowns, where Soldiers used to keep watch. 沿城墙每隔几百米就有一个烽火台, 过去常有士兵驻守.
2. Electronic monitors would watch over the public areas so that there would be little crime. 电子监视器将对公共场所进行监视，因此犯罪活动可能很少。
3. But if a nation is disunited, the government cannot be sure that the actions of the people will be in the interests of the nation; and it will have to watch, check, and control the people accordingly. 但是，如果一个国家处于分裂状态，政府不能相信人民的行动有利于国家，那么政府就不得不对人民进行监督、检查和控制。
4. But a watch could never repair itself----it does not consist of living parts, only of metal, which wears away by friction. 但是，手表决不会自行修理，它不是由有生命的部件组成，而是由金属组成，而金属可以随着磨擦而磨损殆尽。
5. Because people enjoy challenges, they like to play sports and watch other people play sports. 因为人们喜欢挑战，他们就喜爱参加体育运动，也喜欢观看他人比赛。
6. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
7. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
8. With this watch you can tell time in the dark because its hands and dial are luminous. 用这只表你可以在黑暗中看时间，因为它的针和针盘都是会发亮的。
9. We´ve turned the smallest bedroom into a nursery for our new baby. 我们已将最小的那间卧室改成新生婴儿的幼儿室.
10. When the baby developed a fever, Mother telephoned the pediatrician. 当婴儿发烧时，母亲会打电话给小儿科医生。