the department of a bank or other financial institution that manages or organizes the work of the institution, but that does not deal with customers
>back-office adj [only before noun]
1. Everyone knows that if he shouts in the vicinity of a wall or a mountainside, an echo will come back.
2. End of story: The move is finally over. Everything's in boxes. My office is completely without organization. I feel at home.
3. Enclosed in this outfit, I waited in line for an hour with other adventurers, mostly office workers in their 20's.
4. Bob: She´s next door. She´s in her office, sir.
鲍勃:她在隔壁. 在她的办公室里, 先生.
5. Before returning home at night, he took a shower and changed back into his suit.
6. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us.
7. Before we had time to worry about what might happen, we were back on the plain again.
8. Before returning home at night, he took a shower and changed back into his suit.
9. By January 10th, I was back to where I had started from.
10. Back in the train, we told each other what a wonderful time we had had that day.