the department of a bank or other financial institution that manages or organizes the work of the institution, but that does not deal with customers
>back-officeadj [only before noun]
1. Everyone knows that if he shouts in the vicinity of a wall or a mountainside, an echo will come back. 大家都知道，在墙壁或山腰附近发出的喊声，就会听到回声。
2. End of story: The move is finally over. Everything's in boxes. My office is completely without organization. I feel at home. 故事结尾：家终于搬完了。东西都装在箱子里。我的办公室全然杂乱无序。可我还是觉得松了一口气。
3. Enclosed in this outfit, I waited in line for an hour with other adventurers, mostly office workers in their 20's. 我包裹在这一身装束里，与其他的历险者一起排了一小时队。他们大多是20多岁的办公室职员。
4. Bob: She´s next door. She´s in her office, sir. 鲍勃:她在隔壁. 在她的办公室里, 先生.
5. Before returning home at night, he took a shower and changed back into his suit. 晚上回家前,他洗个淋浴,又换上他那套西装.
6. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us. 因此，我们不时地掉过头，怀疑车后是否留下了机油和汽油的痕迹。
7. Before we had time to worry about what might happen, we were back on the plain again. 我们还未来得及担心后果，车已重新开上了平地。
8. Before returning home at night, he took a shower and changed back into his suit. 晚上回家前，他洗个淋浴，重新换上那身黑色西服。
9. By January 10th, I was back to where I had started from. 到了1月10日，我恢复了原来的作息时间。
10. Back in the train, we told each other what a wonderful time we had had that day. 回去的火车上，大家都说，这一天过得真愉快。