also bar graph n [C]
a picture of boxes of different heights, in which each box represents a different amount or quantity
1. The chart showed the company´s rapid growth in recent years.
2. There´s a bar next door to the station.
3. Twenty-eight-year-old Marissa Parry was returning home from her job as manager of a bar (酒吧).
4. There was a bar hanging from the top of the tower, and I seized it for balance.
5. No,I´m going to the snack bar to get a doughnut and some milk.
6. He bent the iron bar as if it had been of rubber.
7. He´s usually lurking somewhere near the bar.
8. He told me that he could not go to sleep one night because he heard a strange noise coming from the bar.
9. A piece of cheese. A loaf of bread. A bar of soap.
10. A bar of soap.