动词过去式:bayed 过去分词:bayed 现在分词:baying 第三人称单数:bays
(also `bay-tree) n laurel with dark green leaves and purple berries 月桂树（长有深绿色树叶和紫色浆果）.
n part of the sea, or of a large lake, enclosed by a wide curve of the shore 海湾; 湖湾
*the Bay of Bengal 孟加拉湾
* Hudson Bay 哈得孙湾.
1 (a) one of a series of compartments in a building, a structure or an area, esp one designed for storing things, parking vehicles, etc 建筑物、构架或区域内的分隔空间（尤指用于贮物、停放车辆等的）
*a `parking bay 停车房
* Put the equipment in No
3 bay. 把这设备放在第三号储藏间里.
(b) (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) any special compartment or area 任何有专门用途的隔间或区域
*the `bomb-bay, ie the compartment in the fuselage of an aircraft where bombs are carried
* the `sick-bay, ie part of a ship, building, school, etc set aside for the care of the sick or the injured.
2 recess in a room or building （房间或其他建筑物的）凹进处.
1 deep bark, esp of hounds while hunting 低沉的吠声（尤指猎犬行猎时发出的）.
2 (idm 习语) at `bay (esp of a hunted animal) forced to face its attackers and show defiance because unable to escape （尤指被追猎的动物）被迫作困兽之斗; 狗急跳墙. bring sb/sth to `bay force (a fleeing enemy, a hunted animal, etc) into a position from which escape is impossible （将逃跑的敌人、追猎的动物等）逼到绝路上. hold/keep sb at `bay prevent (an enemy, pursuers, etc) from coming near 不让（敌人、追逐者等）逼近
*I'm trying to keep my creditors at bay. 我竭力躲避债主.
v [I] (esp of hounds, etc) bark with a deep note （尤指猎犬等）低沉地吠叫
*the baying cry of a wolf 狼的低沉吼叫声.
n, adj (horse) of a reddish-brown colour 红棕色的（马）
*riding a big bay (mare) 骑着红棕色的大（母）马.
a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
1. The fishing fleet sails from the bay every morning. 每天清晨，渔船队从海湾中驶出。
2. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on an island in Upper New York Bay in 1886. 1886年，自由女神像在纽约湾北部落成。
3. Gulls mewed over the bay. 海鸥在海湾上空发出喵喵的叫声。
4. Gulls mewed over the bay. 海鸥在海湾上空发出喵喵的叫声。
5. On this second leg of the triangular trade, the ship went southward across the Bay of Biscay, down past the Canaries, into the mouth of the Gambia River. 在这三角贸易的第二段航程中，该船向南航行穿过了比斯开湾，南下途经加那利群岛，驶入了冈比亚河的河口。