1. But as a woman's power is still strongly perceived to be tied up with the ability to bear children, ageing demonstrates to the world her decline, her uselessness for her primary function. 但由于女性的本领仍在很大程度上被看作与生育能力密切相关，年龄增长向世人显示的是她的衰老，就她的首要作用而言她已无用了。
2. When my old friend Brian urged me to accept a cigarette, it was more than I could bear. 当我的老朋友布赖恩极力劝我接受一枝香烟时，我再也忍不住了。
3. When the bear was gone, and all was safe, the man in the tree came down. 熊走了，一切都平安无事了。树上的人爬了下来，
4. With a smile, he asked his friend, "What did the bear tell you when he put his nose so close to your ears?" 他笑嘻嘻地问他朋友:“熊把鼻子凑到你耳朵旁，跟你说了些什么?”
5. They did not pay any attention. In the end I could not bear it. 他们却毫不理睬。到后来我忍无可忍.
6. They did not pay any attention. In the end I could not bear it. 他们却毫不理睬。到后来我忍无可忍.
7. The raid was swiftly repulsed. 偷袭很快被击退。
8. This was more than we could bear, so we decided to spend our last day exploring the countryside. 人多得使我们难以忍受，于是我们决定利用最后一天去乡间一游。
9. The raid was all over in three minutes, for the men scrambled back into the car and it moved off at a fantastic speed. 这场抢劫只持续了3分钟，因为窃贼争先恐后地爬上轿车，以惊人的速度开跑了。
10. The bear came up and sniffed at the man´s head. 熊走过来，闻闻这个人的头，