1. But as a woman's power is still strongly perceived to be tied up with the ability to bear children, ageing demonstrates to the world her decline, her uselessness for her primary function.
2. When my old friend Brian urged me to accept a cigarette, it was more than I could bear.
3. When the bear was gone, and all was safe, the man in the tree came down.
4. With a smile, he asked his friend, "What did the bear tell you when he put his nose so close to your ears?"
5. They did not pay any attention. In the end I could not bear it.
6. They did not pay any attention. In the end I could not bear it.
7. The raid was swiftly repulsed.
8. This was more than we could bear, so we decided to spend our last day exploring the countryside.
9. The raid was all over in three minutes, for the men scrambled back into the car and it moved off at a fantastic speed.
10. The bear came up and sniffed at the man´s head.