(a) way of standing, walking, etc; deportment （站立、步行等的）姿态
*a man of soldierly bearing 有军人仪态的人.
(b) behaviour 行为; 举止
*her dignified bearing throughout the trial 在整个审讯过程中, 她那端庄的举止.
2 [U] ~ on sth relevance to sth 与某事物的关系
*What he said had not much bearing on the problem. 他说的话跟这个问题没有多大关系.
3 bearings [pl] aspects 方面
*We must consider the question in all its bearings. 我们应该考虑到问题的各个方面.
4 [C] direction in degrees as measured from a known position （从一已知位置测出的）方位（度数）
*take a (compass) bearing on the lighthouse （用罗盘）测定灯塔的方位.
5 [C] device reducing friction in part of a machine where another part turns 轴承
6 [C] heraldic emblem 纹章.
7 (idm 习语) get/take one's `bearings find out where one is by recognizing landmarks, etc （藉可辨认的陆标等）确定自己的位置. lose one's bearings => lose. past (all) `bearing no longer to be tolerated 忍无可忍.
nhave a/some/no etc bearing on sth
to have an effect or influence on something, or not have any effect or influence Exercise has a direct bearing on how healthy you are.lose your bearingsa)
to become confused about where you are I completely lost my bearings in the dark.b)
to become confused about what you should do next young men who have lost their bearings in a changing societyget/find your bearingsa)
to find out exactly where you are He paused to get his bearings.b)
to feel confident that you know what you should do next An introduction session helps new students get their bearings. [singular, U]
the way in which you move, stand, or behave, especially when this shows your character[C]technical
a direction or angle that is shown by a compass learning to take a compass bearing[C]technical
a part of a machine that turns on another part, or in which a turning part is held
1. Each time mine broke down, lost a screw, needed a new roller bearing, the brake wouldn't work, etc., and I called Suzanne, I had to endure a little lecture. 每次我的轮椅坏了，掉了螺丝，需要换轴承，或刹车不灵等，我都打电话给苏珊娜，但每次都要挨训。
2. Who has not stood in awe at the sight of a spider pouncing on a fly, or a column of ants triumphantly bearing home an enormous dead beetle? 当看到蜘蛛扑向一只苍蝇时，一队蚂蚁抬着一只巨大的死甲虫凯旋归时，谁能不感到敬畏呢?
3. Women of child-bearing age are at greatest risk, since their monthly bleeding is a major source of iron loss. 育龄女性危险最大，因为月经是铁流失的重要原因之一。
4. While active, child-bearing age women are most likely to have low iron stores, he notes, "Men are not safe, especially if they don't eat meat and have a high level of physical activity." 他还指出，虽然积极锻炼的育龄妇女最有可能铁离子储量低，"但男性也并非不缺铁，尤其是在他们不吃肉类而又从事高强度的体力活动的情况下。"
5. This hobby educates one not only in the chosen subject, but also in general matters which have some bearing on it. 这种爱好不仅能使人从选择的专题中受到教育，而且也能从与之有关的一般事物中获得长进。
6. The one possible exception is bearing children. 惟一可能的例外就是生育能力。
7. The report was released Tuesday by the Population Council, an international organization based in New York that studies issues related to child bearing. 这份报告是本星期二由人口委员会公布的。人口委员会是一家研究儿童养育问题的国际组织，总部设在纽约。
8. He entered the room with an aristocratic bearing. 他走进屋子, 带着一种贵族的气质。
9. She is a girl of noble bearing. 她是一个举止端庄的姑娘。
10. Romantic love has no bearing on this process, say these lawyers, who consider prenups to be business agreements. 这些律师认为，婚前契约是一个商业协议，浪漫的爱情与此过程无关。