bis in die(=twice a day) 1天2次
v (-dd-; pt, pp bid ; in sense 3, pt usu 用于下述第3义时过去式通常作 bade/ bd; bAd/, pp bidden/ 5bIdn; `bIdn/)
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (sth) (for sth); esp US ~ (sth) (on sth)
(a) offer (a price) in order to buy sth, esp at an auction （购物时）出价; （尤指拍卖时）喊价
*What am I bid (for this painting)? （这幅画）给我个价, 诸位愿意出多少钱?
* She bid
500 (for the painting). 她喊价500英镑（买这幅画）.
* We had hoped to get the house but another couple was bidding against us, ie repeatedly offering a higher price than us. 我们原希望买下这所房子, 但另一对夫妇不断抬价与我们竞买.
(b) offer (a price) for doing work, providing a service, etc 投标
*Several firms have bid for the contract to build the new concert hall. 有几家公司投标, 争取建造新音乐厅的合同.
2 [I, Tn] (in card-games, esp bridge) make a bid2(4) （纸牌戏中, 尤指桥牌）叫（牌）
*bid two hearts 叫2红桃.
3 (arch or fml 古或文)
(a) [Dn.t] order (sb); tell 吩咐（某人）; 告诉
*Do as you are bidden. 按照吩咐你的去做.
* She bade me (to) come in. 她叫我进来.
(b) [Dn.pr, Dn.t] invite (sb) 邀请（某人）
*guests bidden to (attend) the feast 应邀赴宴的宾客.
(c) [no passive 不用于被动语态
*Dn.n, Dn.pr] ~ sth to sb say sth as a greeting, etc 说（问候、打招呼等的话）
*bid sb good morning 向某人道早安
* He bade farewell (ie said goodbye) to his sweetheart. 他向他的情人告别.
4 (idm 习语) bid fair to do sth (arch or rhet 古或修辞) seem likely to do sth 有做某事的可能
*The plan for a new hospital bids fair to succeed. 兴建新医院的计划有希望成功.
1. What am I bid (for this painting)?
2. Then the medical worker called the wheelchair repair companies to get the cheapest bid.